Dance schools now require their students to complete a pre-pointe assessment before commencing pointe work, which basically determines a dancers’ readiness for pointe
The Physio Depot assesses and provides recommendations regarding pre pointe readiness. Considerations made as part of the assessment include:
- The dance students stage of physical development
- The quality of trunk, abdominal and pelvic control
- Body alignment during specific movements
- Strength and flexibility of feet and ankles
- Duration and frequency of her dance training
Pre Pointe assessments take 60 minutes and if you're looking for an appointment you can book online or call us on (02) 4751 9127.